REEDS is a voluntary not-for-profit organization, established in 1989 as a Society. With a multi-state presence, REEDS is actively engaged in promoting the quality of life of rural communities through programs and initiatives that can improve diverse spheres of rural life.
REEDS programs/projects carried across fifteen states - Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nādu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
REEDS Action Programs for and on behalf of government agencies, ministries, and national and international affiliates include Sanitation & Hygiene, Safe Drinking Water, Skills Development; Entrepreneurship Development, Waste Management, Awareness & Education; and Monitoring & Evaluating Developmental Programs.
REEDS has strengths that it leverages to make a deeper and better impact through the rural activities it undertakes:
- Capability to quickly mobilize required resources to ensure satisfactory and on-schedule service deliveries.
- Deep-rooted reach in the hinterlands of the states it operates in.
- Guided and actively led by members who bring expertise and experience from their respective fields.
- Networking and collaboration with top-tier government, non-government, national, and global agencies.
- Undertakes interventions concomitant with national development missions.
REEDS is proud to have significant honors in its rural empowerment pursuit: The GRAMODAYA BANDHU MITRA PURASKAR Award 2020; India Today Safaigiri WATER WARRIOR Award 2016; and the Government of Andhra Pradesh’s 'LETTER OF APPRECIATION 2008.